BlackBerry Messenger of BBM is undoubtedly the one of the best messaging apps available to the users at the moment which provides users with a bag full features. Launched for Android and iOS about a year back BBM is the prime app which is competing head on with Whatsapp in terms of engaged users. Previously the app was exclusively available for Blackberry smartphone users which was actually one of the major selling point for BB handsets. With no specific reason mention the BlackBerry team made their messenger available to all which can or cannot be regarded as a good decision depending on the perspective. The increasing popularity of BBM among Android and iOS can be good for RIM as they can appeal to many new potential customers once they go Android.
As the app has gained popularity a large proportion of user want to run BBM on their PC’s as well. So many people are hitting the web with search such as BBM for PC download, how to run BBM on computer etc. Since the app is not officially available for Windows OS you cannot run it directly but that doesn’t stop us from running it on your PCs. In the article I will be detailing the steps to install BBM on your PC very easily but before lets have a look at features offered by BBM.
- BBM is always on and always connected – no app to open
- Know when messages have been delivered (D’s) and read (R’s)
- You chose how to share your information – BBM uses PINs instead of phone numbers or email addresses so that it’s more private and you always control who can contact you.
- Emoticons for every mood and emotion let you express yourself
- Broadcast messages – Send a message to multiple BBM contacts at one time.
- Groups – BBM groups help you share pictures, lists and appointments with group members. You can even be in a group with people who aren’t part of your own BBM contact list.
- Multi-person chats – Invite multiple contacts to have a chat together.
- Share photos, files, documents, voice notes and more
To run BBM on PC you have to download Android Emulator which make the environment of your PC adaptable to Android files. There are many Android Emulators available around such as Bluestacks, Andyroid etc; we will be using Bluestacks for our tutorial as it is compatible with most of the apps and is found to be bug free.
Steps to Install BBM on your PC
- Download Bluestacks for your PC depending on OS and processor type. Click here to download it.
- Install the downloaded file and once it gets installed double click on it’s icon to run it.
- Now in the interface that opes up, search for BBM via the search bar.
- From the search results, Download BBM.
- Wait for the app to get downloaded and once downloaded you can launch it anytime from My apps section.
The article has been detailed to make the installation of BBM on your PC simple but still if you face any problems you can leave us a message via the comment section and we will try to get to you as soon as possible. If you found the article helpful and interesting do not forget to share it with you friends.