Google Play is saturated with a huge number of instant messaging apps which are trying create users using weird tricks but Whatsapp is still the king. But Whatsapp isn’t the only messenger being used, others such as hike who trying to provide great services are popular specifically in India. Launched a few years Hike has been constantly evolving and providing it’s users with great experience. One specifically notable feature of the app is that it lets it users send offline messages to their contacts totally free. This features has helped Hike to connect a large audience in countries such as India, Pakistan etc and unique UI adds icing on the cake.
Quite similar to Whatsapp, Hike lets you connect with your contacts on the go, as soon as it is downloaded your contacts are automatically added to the list and you can start sending messages instantly. Well due it’s increasing popularity many users now want to install this app on their PC’s so they can remain in touch with their anytime without looking at their mobiles frequently. In this article I am writing down well explained tutorial to run Hike on Windows PC or Macbook. Hike is offering some great features, take a look.
- PRIVACY: With hike messenger say goodbye to stalkers! From your milk-man to your aunts to that creepy guy in college; you don’t want them to be seeing your last-seen and status update, do you? Switch to hike and take charge of your privacy!
- HIDDEN MODE: an awesome new hike privacy feature which allows you to hide the chats that you want to keep private from the world and access them only with a password! Your private conversations are now protected & secure from anyone who takes your phone.
- STICKERS: Now send some amazing stickers on hike. Express yourself in a whole new cool way!
- SEND ANYTHING & EVERYTHING: Why email when you can send all kinds of non media files and documents like PDF, ZIP, Doc, PPT, APK and much more!
- HIKE OFFLINE: Unable to message friends because they’re not online? Don’t worry! Hike does the hardwork to figure out if your friends are offline and then sends them your messages as an SMS, at no cost to you. When they reply, you get the message in hike!
- BIGGER ATTACHMENTS: Now you can share large files and videos of 100 MB each. Now that’s what we call big!
- CHAT THEMES: Everyone has backgrounds. We have 2-way themes! When you change the chat theme, it changes for your friends too! Let’s add more character to messaging, shall we?
- FREE HIKE2SMS TO INDIA: We’ve also built in FREE hike to non-hike SMS. So if your friends aren’t onhike you can still message them. And better yet, for free! Free SMS can only be sent to India.
- SHARING IS EASY: You can share photos, videos, location, contacts, walkie-talkie messages and much more on hike! Create group chats or chat one-on-one!
- FAST, SIMPLE, PERSONAL, FREE: hike is super fast. With sent, delivered, read and typing notifications, it feels like you’re having a chat with someone in person. The app uses your 2G, 3G or Wi-Fi (when available) to message with friends and family.
To run Hike Messenger on PC you will have download Android Emulator on your PC that will make apk files get installed on Windows. Android Emulators make the environment of your computer adaptable to android files so they can run on your system. There are plethora of emulators present on the web but we will be using Bluestacks for our tutorial as it is most stable and compatible with most of the apps.
Steps to Download Hike for PC/Macbook
- Download Bluestacks for your PC depending on your OS and processor type. Click here to download it.
- Install the downloaded file and run it.
- In the interface that pops up next, search for Hike in the search bar.
- From the results, click on hike to download.
- Now verify your number via SMS code.
- Once verified you can start sending messages.. Hurray…!!!
If you had problem in following the tutorial you can contact via the comment section and we will resolve your query as soon as possible and if you found the article interesting don’t forget to share it with your friends.